Atlas International Travel Insurance
Oct 17, 2016
Atlas International travel insurance is another one of our overseas medical travel insurance options we provide at Good Neighbor Insurance for our clients who are traveling outside the U.S. or outside their home country. Why do our licensed agents appreciate the Atlas International travel medical plan? Because these benefits provide our clients with the peace of mind they deserve as they travel overseas.
Here are some key benefits of the Atlas International travel medical insurance (all in USD):
- Guaranteed coverage without medical underwriting for all ages
- Online purchase and immediate fulfillment
- 100% coverage for eligible illnesses and accidents, after the deductible
- $1,000,000 in Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage
- Includes Repatriation of Remains (required by many countries to obtain a visa)
- Home country coverage (for trips back home)
- Extendable plan
We love the Atlas International Travel Medical Insurance because:
- For their flexibility
- For their value
- Because of their 21st Century Service
- They are dependable
Here are some of additional benefits of the Atlas International Insurance Policy (all in USD):
- Deductibles $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,500 per certificate period.
- Coinsurance – Claims incurred in U.S. or Canada – For the certificate period, underwriters will pay 80% of the next $5,000 of eligible expenses after the deductible, then 100% to the overall maximum limit. Coinsurance will be waived if expenses are incurred within the PPO and are submitted to underwriters for review and payment directly to the provider.
- Coinsurance – Claims incurred outside U.S. or Canada – For the certificate period, underwriters will pay 100% of eligible expenses after the deductible up to the overall maximum limit.
- Hospital Room and Board – Average semi-private room rate, including nursing services.
- Local Ambulance – Usual, reasonable and customary charges, when covered illness or injury results in hospitalization as inpatient.
- Intensive Care Unit – Usual, reasonable and customary charges.
- Emergency Room Co-payment – In addition to coinsurance, the member shall be responsible for a $200 co-payment for each use of emergency room for an Illness unless the member is admitted to the hospital. There will be no copayment for emergency room treatment of an injury.
- Urgent Care Center – For each visit, the member shall be responsible for a $50 co-payment, after which coinsurance will apply. Not subject to deductible.
- Hospital Indemnity (in addition to medical expenses) – $100 per day of inpatient hospitalization for member’s use to offset miscellaneous expenses (not subject to deductible or coinsurance).
- Physical Therapy – $50 maximum per day.
- All Other Eligible Medical Expenses – Usual, reasonable and customary charges.
- Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition (only available to members younger than 70) – Limited benefit up to the medical coverage maximum (excludes chronic and congenital conditions). $25,000 lifetime maximum for emergency medical evacuation.
- Emergency Dental (acute onset of pain) $250 limit per certificate period (not subject to deductible or coinsurance).
- Emergency Medical Evacuation – $1,000,000 lifetime maximum, except as provided under acute onset of pre-existing condition (not subject to deductible or coinsurance).
- Return of Minor Children – $50,000 per certificate period (not subject to deductible or coinsurance).
- Pet Return – Up to $1,000 to return a traveling pet home if member is hospitalized.
- Repatriation of Remains – Overall maximum limit (not subject to deductible or coinsurance).
Q: Who backs the Atlas International Insurance Policy?
A: This travel insurance is offered by HCC Medical Insurance and underwritten by Lloyds of London. It is currently rated with A.M. Best as a A, “Excellent.”
The Atlas International is a low premium high value international medical insurance that Good Neighbor has provided over the years to our clients. .
Please call one of our licensed agents at Good Neighbor Insurance at 866-636-9100 or locally here in Arizona at 480-633-9500 with any questions. You may also reach us via email at [email protected]. Have an amazing and safe travels as you serve others!