Why Patriot Short term Travel + Evacuation is GREAT Global volunteer insurance
We recommend the IMG Patriot Insurance Plan for global volunteers; those doing charitable work overseas; or seeking NGO jobs abroad working to help people (social good). Even if you are simply going overseas to visit a family member, who is doing relief or development work overseas, the Patriot Short-Term International Insurance Plan provides the coverage you need while being a good value and exceptional in its benefits and coverage.
Learn more about the Patriot International insurance plan below.
- IMG has been helping global volunteers overseas for many years and it is a special focus of theirs to serve non-profits, those helping in volunteer opportunities with charitable organizations, NGOs and those making a difference in the world
- They have great international, multilingual customer service centers, can process claims from all over the world, can handle almost every language and currency, and you have 24/7 access to highly qualified coordinators in case of emergency, need medical services or international treatment.
- Includes both Medical and Political Evacuation at no additional cost
- They are Underwritten by Sirius International Corporation (publ), and rated A by A.M. Best, and A- by Standard & Poor’s
- There is no age limit on this plan, providing opportunities for older people to volunteer or serve overseas
- Surprisingly cost-effective, affordable insurance for overseas trips
Specifics about the IMG Patriot Plan’s coverage and benefits:
- Coverage is per-day for up to 12 months with the option to renew
- Choice of six deductibles from $0 to 2,500
- Your choice of Maximum benefits from $50,000 – $2,000,000
- Options for both U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens traveling and working worldwide
- Includes: Medical insurance, medical evacuation up to $1,000,000, return of mortal remains, political evacuation, emergency reunion, terrorism coverage, personal liability, and many other benefits (see brochure)
- This is also the best plan for family or friends traveling overseas to visit a foreign worker, or those visiting a family serving or working overseas
- Great for individuals volunteering overseas, families traveling on vacation, for business and social good, and for those moving overseas
- Has an optional adventure sports rider
- Vacation travel
- Business travel
- Individuals & Families with children
- NGO jobs, non-profit travel and charitable jobs overseas
- Global volunteers/Voluntourism
- High-risk areas
Patriot® travel plans offer a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. Patriot International® provides coverage for U.S. citizens residing outside the U.S. with worldwide coverage including the U.S. This travel insurance plan is available for a minimum of 10 days up to a maximum of two years.
More on Terrorism coverage included in the Patriot Insurance Plan:
Each Patriot plan provides coverage for injuries and illness incurred as a result of an act of Terrorism, limited in amount and by circumstances. If an insured person is injured as a result of an act of Terrorism, and the insured person has no direct or indirect participation in the act, the plan will reimburse eligible medical claims subject to a $50,000 lifetime maximum. However, claims incurred as a result of radiological, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons or events are not covered. Terrorism is defined as the systematic or planned use of violence, fear, or threat of violence in order to intimidate a population or government, especially as a means of coercion or to obtain a granting of any demand.
Please note that this plan does not cover an act of Terrorism in any country or location where the United States government has issued a travel advisory that has been in effect within the six months prior to the insured person’s date of arrival. This benefit also does not cover an act of Terrorism in the event that an advisory to leave a certain country or location is issued by the United States government after the insured person’s arrival date, and the insured person unreasonably fails or refuses to depart the country or location.
If you are looking for a true Kidnap and Ransom policy.
More on personal liability coverage included in the Patriot Insurance Plan:
Each Patriot plan provides $10,000 per person in personal liability benefit.
More on eligibility when applying for the Patriot Insurance Plan:
- A Chinese citizen residing in the U.S. traveling to China to visit can purchase a Patriot International for that trip.
- A U.S. citizen residing in France traveling to the U.S. can purchase a Patriot America or Patriot America Plus plan for that trip.
- A Brazilian citizen residing in Brazil traveling to Germany can purchase a Patriot International plan for their trip.
Socialgoodinsurance.com and Good Neighbor Insurance (our company) have been recognized as the second best seller of IMG travel health insurance in the USA, receiving their President’s Award, the second highest award given by their company. This close relationship allows Good Neighbor to help you when you have a question, a claim, or are simply looking for the best price or best advice on IMG global volunteer travel insurance.
IMG’s Mark Rogers says, “The attention that Good Neighbor pays to their clients on a regular and consistent basis is second to none. Individuals and organizations readily find they have a friend and an advocate when they entrust Good Neighbor to be their insurance representative.”
It is our goal to be worthy of such praise, by giving you the best, caring service.