Why Patriot Short term Travel + Evacuation is GREAT Global volunteer insurance
We recommend the IMG Patriot Insurance Plan for global volunteers; those doing charitable work overseas; or seeking NGO jobs abroad working to help people (social good). Even if you are going overseas to visit a family member, who is doing relief or development work overseas, the Patriot Short-Term International Insurance Plan provides the coverage you need while being a good value and exceptional in its benefits and coverage. Learn more about the plan below.
- IMG has been helping global volunteers overseas for many years and it is a special focus of theirs to serve non-profits, those helping iin volunteer opportunities with charitable organizations, NGOs and those making a difference in the world
- They have great international, multilingual customer service centers, Can process claims from all over the world, can handle almost every language and currency, and you have 24/7 access to highly qualified coordinators in case of emergency, need medical services or international treatment.
- Includes both Medical and Political Evacuation at no additional cost
- They are Underwritten by Sirius International Corporation (publ), and rated A by A.M. Best, and A- by Standard & Poor’s
- Accept people up to 80 years and older, providing opportunities for older people to volunteer or serve overseas
- Surprisingly cost-effective, affordable insurance for overseas trips
- For these reasons, Good Neighbor Insurance ranks IMG Patriot as ***** Five stars out of Five (Highly recommended)
Specifics about the IMG Patriot Plan’s coverage and benefits:
- Coverage is per-day for up to 24 months with the option to renew if you extend your assignment/commitment
- Choice of six deductibles before insurance pays from $0 to 2,500
- Your choice of Maximum benefits from $50,000 – $2,000,000
- Options for both U.S. citizens and non U.S. citizens traveling and working worldwide
- Includes at no additional charge: Medical insurance, medical evacuation, return of mortal remains, political evacuation, emergency reunion, terrorism coverage, and many other benefits (see brochure)
- This is also the best plan for family or friends traveling overseas to visit a foreign worker, or those visiting a family serving or working overseas
- Great for individuals volunteering overseas, families traveling on vacation, for business and social good, and for those moving overseas
- Has an optional adventure sports rider
- Coverage for up to two years at a time with the ability to extend if you choose to stay overseas longer
- Vacation travel
- Business travel
- Individuals & Families with children
- NGO jobs, non-profit travel and charitable jobs overseas
- Global volunteers/Voluntourism
- High-risk areas
Both Patriot® travel plans below offer a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. Patriot International® provides coverage for U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. with coverage for brief returns to the U.S., while Patriot America® provides coverage for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country. Both plans are available for a minimum of 10 days up to a maximum of two years.
Option 1: Patriot International SM
U.S. citizens traveling outside of the U.S. and Canada.
Option 2: Patriot AmericaSM
Coverage for Non-U.S. citizens traveling throughout the world including the U.S. and Canada, except their country of citizenship.
More on Terrorism coverage included in the Patriot Insurance Plan:
Each Patriot plan provides coverage for injuries and illness incurred as a result of an act of Terrorism, limited in amount and by circumstances. If an insured person is injured as a result of an act of Terrorism, and the insured person has no direct or indirect participation in the act, the plan will reimburse eligible medical claims subject to a $50,000 lifetime maximum. However, claims incurred as a result of radiological, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons or events are not covered. Terrorism is defined as the systematic or planned use of violence, fear, or threat of violence in order to intimidate a population or government, especially as a means of coercion or to obtain a granting of any demand.
Please note that this plan does not cover an act of Terrorism in any country or location where the United States government has issued a travel advisory that has been in effect within the six months prior to the insured person’s date of arrival. This benefit also does not cover an act of Terrorism in the event that an advisory to leave a certain country or location is issued by the United States government after the insured person’s arrival date, and the insured person unreasonably fails or refuses to depart the country or location.
If you are looking for a true Kidnap and Ransom policy.
Socialgoodinsurance.com and Good Neighbor Insurance (our company) have been recognized as the second best seller of IMG travel health insurance in the USA, receiving their President’s Award, the second highest award given by their company. This close relationship allows Good Neighbor to help you when you have a question, a claim, or are simply looking for the best price or best advice on IMG global volunteer travel insurance.
IMG’s Mark Rogers says, “The attention that Good Neighbor pays to their clients on a regular and consistent basis is second to none. Individuals and organizations readily find they have a friend and an advocate when they entrust Good Neighbor to be their insurance representative.”
It is our goal to be worthy of such praise, by giving you the best, caring service.