Why the GMMI plan is our most popular, most affordable insurance plan for those working with NGOs, non-profits and charities overseas:
- One of the most popular health insurance plans worldwide: With a discounted price on insurance for volunteers, individuals and families working for NGOs and international non-profit staff, seeking very good, very affordable career insurance protection.
- Specially designed for non-profits and faith-based groups to keep medical insurance costs affordable. Not available for For-Profit business – Rates specifically for non-profit workers (It’s called missionary insurance because of the specially discounted price – But one does not have to be a missionary to use it, it is however for charitable work, not for profit business. Social business may use this plan.)
- IMG saves you money by not paying an internal sales staff. They utilize brokers like Good Neighbor and www.socialgoodinsurance.com to save you money!
- Includes 6 out of 12 months of coverage in the U.S, in case you need to be in the United States for any reason, if you maintain your overseas residence.
- Their plan has 4 different options/levels to customize and get exactly what you need (see below)
- Excellent ratings and reputation: Rated A (excellent) by A.M. Best and A- by Standard & Poor’s
- Can add Maternity to the GMMI Platinum plan:
- Starts after 10 months of continuous coverage
- Must select the Family Matters Maternity Program
- IMPORTANT Term-life insurance option may be added – Most domestic life insurance policies will not pay if you are living overseas ( more term life plans here)
- For these reasons, IMG GMMI earns our first and highest recommendation for international insurance over one year – ***** (five stars out of five)
Four international non-profit insurance plan options:
- Bronze – Designed for the budget-conscious worker who needs great emergency global medical insurance coverage. It has a unique design specifically for areas of the world with low medical costs. If you are looking for highly affordable insurance, this international medical coverage helpful to have. Note: There is a lifetime limit of $1,000,000.
- Silver – Offers affordable medical protection designed for those seeking affordability-first. $5,000,000 of lifetime coverage, and more benefits, than higher priced plans elsewhere, to meet your essential needs.
- Gold – A perfect choice for those who are looking for full major medical coverage, for the best price. The Gold Plan offers comprehensive benefits and is a great plan for those going overseas to volunteer or on assignment from 1 to 3 years or more.
- Platinum – The Platinum option is still more affordable than most U.S. domestic insurance! It provides a superior benefits package for those who don’t want to worry about whether they are covered. Enhanced benefits and services include $8,000,000 in lifetime coverage. As well as the convenience of having comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits in one exceptional plan by the industry leader. Choose The Family Matters Maternity option if adopting or having a baby. This option also grants you access to IMG’s exclusive Global Concierge and Assistance Services.
More about the GMMI Career Insurance Plan:
- All GMMI international non-profit insurance plans include medical and medical evacuation cover
- You can view your medical/claims information online plus access IMG 24/7 including medical translation services
- Adult wellness starts after 12 months of cover except on the GMMI Silver plan
- Child wellness on all plans
- We especially like their excellent online and over-the-phone medical concierge service
- See all benefits in the linked brochure above
Socialgoodinsurance.com and Good Neighbor Insurance (our company) have been recognized as the second best seller of IMG travel health insurance in the USA, receiving their President’s Award, the second highest award given by their company. This close relationship allows Good Neighbor to help you when you have a question, a claim, or are simply looking for the best price or best advice on IMG travel insurance.
IMG’s Mark Rogers says, “The attention that Good Neighbor pays to their clients on a regular and consistent basis is second to none. Individuals and organizations readily find they have a friend and an advocate when they entrust Good Neighbor to be their insurance representative.”
It is our goal to be worthy of such praise, by giving you the best, caring service.