Why we recommend GeoBlue Navigator especially for those who have a pre-existing condition or need an affordable full-featured insurance plan
The Global Navigator is a renewable major medical career international health insurance plan for individuals and families.
We like the GeoBlue Navigator plan for non-profit staff, volunteers, missionaries and families working overseas, because:
- It features unlimited coverage in the U.S.A. up to the age of 74
- Only a 12-month pre-existing condition waiting period (that can also be waived – Email to ask how, or fill out quote)
- Same great plan as GeoBlue Xplorer with a few minor benefit tweaks to fit non-profit and volunteer staffs, students or teachers, seniors volunteering overseas, and those electing to work in meaningful jobs that pay less salary in order to help others
- Extended time allowed in the U.S.A.: up to nine months. Great if you live overseas and travel back and forth to check on fields, projects, or need to repeatedly re-enter the U.S.A. and still have U.S. health coverage
- Includes prescription (Rx) coverage
- Medical Emergency Evacuation coverage included, and Maternity coverage treated the same as any medical condition if maternity rider is chosen
- It’s part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO network and over 700,000 preferred providers including more than 4,000 hospitals. Also covers care delivered by non-contracted providers.
- The Blue brand is the largest and most recognized healthcare brand in the U.S.
- Click here to learn more about GeoBlue
GEOBLUE NAVIGATOR (GLOBAL NAVIGATOR) MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR YOUR FAMILY’S PROTECTION AND BUDGET
We like the Global Navigator health plan because it was specifically designed as a slightly scaled-down version of the GeoBlue Xplorer plan, (a full-featured plan) in order to make its benefits available at a more affordable cost for those working overseas at reduced pay or volunteering in order to serve in medical clinics, doing peace and reconciliation work, aid in democracy efforts, teach impoverished children, end child labor, work in overseas orphanages or any other of a number of jobs intended to help people either charitable or not-for-profit.
- Extended time allowed in the U.S.: up to nine months
- You must reside outside of your country of residence/citizenship for at least three months of the first year of coverage
- May use any medical facility in the U.S.
- Standard/Open Choice PPO network
- Access to Worldwide global community of carefully selected, contracted hospitals, physicians, dentists and behavioral health professionals in over 180 countries. Detailed provider profiles including medical training. Personalized appointment scheduling and recruitment.
- Rx copay option and maternity rider option
- Underwritten by 4 Ever Life Insurance Company, which has the same rating for financial strength as BCS Life Insurance Company. 4 Ever Life Insurance Company is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- No waiting period associated with any preventative services
- GeoBlue Navigator is available in all states
More about this GeoBlue Navigator plan:
- You can use any western style medical facility throughout the world with up to 4 doctors visits per year
- Complete preventative annual physical and benefit
- Your choice of seven deductibles from $0 to $10,000 (catastrophic insurance)
- View differences between the GeoBlue Xplorer and GeoBlue Navigator plans here, (Global Xplorer is for for-profit workers and paid international staff who are looking for a more full-featured insurance plan)
- Maternity coverage as any other medical condition with the maternity rider added on.
- The Primary insured must be a U.S. resident or citizen to apply for the international insurance policy.
- All family members must apply together
- See brochure above for more information
GeoBlue PLANS FAQ – ANSWERS
GEOBLUE PLANS FAQ – ANSWERS
GLOBAL CLAIMS PROCESS FAQ