Day Tripper: A Great Choice for Short-Term Teams TRAVELING OVERSEAS
We recommend this Day Tripper Short Term Team Travel Health Plan for teams whose participants are mostly young and/or healthy.
We really like the Day Tripper travel health plan for its protection of short-term teams:
- One of the best health insurance plans for teams 19- 49 years old, going overseas less than a year. With rates starting at $.74 per-day!
- Immediate online enrollment with instant confirmation and printable medical ID cards to take with you.
- Terrorism and political evacuation included at no additional charge (for most countries worldwide-ask if you are unsure).
- Hazardous and extreme sports coverage is automatically covered for team members (just in case).
- The rates on this plan are determined by team participant ages, the benefit amounts you choose, and your choice of deductible.
- This plan is also underwritten by Lloyd’s of London – a PLUS!
More information about the DayTripper Team Travel/Medical Insurance Plan:
- This plan can be used for both short-term teams coming to America (Non-U.S. Citizens), as well as U.S. residents traveling internationally.
- Five options with up to $1,000,000 in coverage per participant
- Your choice of deductibles before the insurance plan starts to pay, including a $0 deductible – Save more by choosing a higher deductible.
- Have questions? We’re here to help! Contact Karen in our Short-Term Team Dept. at (480) 813-9100.
Who is this team travel health plan for?
- Colleges sending students overseas on summer projects/short-term (such as an archeological dig or environmental research trip).
- Non-profit organizations that send teams overseas to do community development/relief work
- Groups sending human rights monitors overseas, or doing community development
- Churches and other faith-based groups that send out summer teams or short-term teams to do building projects
- Volunteer groups sending groups overseas, voluntourism, agencies and organizations promoting volunteer opportunities.
Some of the benefits included in the Day Tripper International and Day Tripper America (for those coming to America) plans:
- Strong Travel insurance AND Health insurance benefits
- Emergency medical evacuation and Emergency transportation
- Political Evacuation and Terrorism (Destination must not be on current list of State Department travel advisories prior to trip)
- AD&D benefit
- Help, return of remains and death benefit in case of death overseas
- Other Benefits
Optional Add-On Benefits
Optional Crisis Response Benefit Rider
This rider allows you to purchase an additional $90,000 in Crisis Response coverage. As Atlas Travel provides $10,000 in Crisis Response coverage in the base plan, purchasing this rider would increase the total Crisis Response benefit to $100,000.
|Base CR Coverage||Additional CR Coverage Available||Total CR Coverage Amount|
Optional Personal Liability Benefit Rider
This rider allows you to purchase an additional $90,000 in Personal Liability coverage. As Atlas Travel provides $10,000 in Personal Liability coverage in the base plan, purchasing this rider would increase the total Personal Liability benefit to $100,000.
|Base PL Coverage||Additional PL Coverage Available||Total CR Coverage Amount|
Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit Rider
This rider, available to Members age 18 to 69, allows purchase of additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage. Coverage may be increased to equal the medical maximum coverage amount. The AD&D benefit is not subject to the overall policy maximum. Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage provides benefits in the event of your death or loss of limb due to an accident. It does not cover certain activities and conditions, as listed in the policy. As Atlas Travel provides $50,000 in AD&D coverage to Members age 18 to 69 in the base plan, this rider would increase the total AD&D benefit to $100,000.
|Base AD&D Coverage||Additional AD&D Coverage Available||Total AD&D Coverage Amount|
Please note: HCC Medical Insurance Services offers a benefit period of three months and begins on the first date you receive a diagnosis or treatment of a covered illness or injury while outside your home country. HCC Medical Insurance Services will not cover medical care in the USA if the team member has not FIRST received their initial medical care outside the USA. Therefore, the team member needs to get documentation from the medical facility outside the USA proving that the medical problem originated outside the USA and that they received their initial care outside the USA. This is the only way HCC Medical Insurance Services can be sure that the medical problem was trip-related.