GeoBlue Trekker Multi Trip travel medical insurance and medical evacuation is a key benefit of this great travel medical insurance multi-trip cover. The GeoBlue Trekker Multi Trip travel medical insurance also can cover pre-existing medical conditions. Here are the plan highlights, including pre-existing medical conditions as long as you purchase the Trekker Choice and have an U.S. ACA medical insurance policy while traveling outside the U.S.
- Up to $250,000 for sickness and accidents.
- $500,000 medical evacuation benefit.
- Covers pre-existing conditions for medical services and medical evacuation.
- Unlimited trips in a 12 month period (70 days max. per trip)
- Requires a primary health plan; however, the primary plan does not need to be a Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield medical plan in order to be eligible.
Another great feature of the GeoBlue Trekker multi trip travel medical insurance is the medical evacuation benefit. World travelers need to properly protect themselves against financial exposure due to catastrophic medical events. If comprehensive travel medical benefits and assistance services are not secured before they go, travelers may find themselves exposed to huge losses—both physical and financial. Though illness or injury can strike at any time, when severe incidents occur overseas, lack of proper coverage can leave travelers with steep medical bills for less than sufficient care.
Why are international medical evacuation benefits necessary while you are traveling outside the U.S? Global travelers need to be prepared for the possibility that they may find themselves in a location where the medical care is poor or inaccessible and it is necessary to be evacuated to an area where they can receive the appropriate level of care. Medical evacuations can be complicated and costly. However, most travel insurance plans include a medical assistance benefit, which is critical. It gives members 24/7/365 access to a company that will arrange the evacuation and coordinate appropriate treatment along the way.
What are the key considerations of any medical evacuation? Evacuating a patient for medical reasons is a complex process that includes the following:
- Evaluating the appropriateness of local health care providers
- Identifying the closest facility where a high level of care is available
- Determining the risk/rewards of moving the patient
- Choosing the best method of transport (e.g. ambulance, helicopter, fixed wing air ambulance)
- Securing the cooperation of the local treating physician, including a determination that the patient is stable enough to be moved
- Enlisting the most appropriate team to handle the transport (e.g. doctor, nurse, therapist)
- Arranging for speedy and appropriate intake at the receiving facility
# # # # #
www.socialgoodinsurance.com works in collaboration with Good Neighbor Insurance. Good Neighbor Insurance has been in business since 1997! Every one of our international trained and licensed insurance agents has a heart to serve you, our guests. It is a joy to know that we can provide you all with peace of mind with one of our many overseas medical insurance options to safe guard from financial calamity as well as providing you the best medical care while on your travels. To connect with Good Neighbor Insurance, please email us at or call us here in our Gilbert, Arizona office at 480-633-9500 or toll free at 866-636-9100.