You may want to volunteer with a pre-existing condition, but are worried about getting declined for emergency medical insurance overseas – Consider these affordable options on travel insurance that includes preexisting conditions:
Our Atlas International Emergency Medical Insurance Plan (one of our more popular insurance plans for volunteers going overseas as well as social good companies) recently updated their medical benefits in regards to pre-existing medical conditions. ( Find out more about why we like this insurance for non-profits and volunteers) Atlas is what we call a “short-term plan” because you can get it for up to a year, and then renew it if you decide to stay longer extending your trip for a few weeks or up to 12 months more, without worrying about losing your medical insurance in case on an emergency. ( Get a free instant quote)
If you have a pre-existing condition, with Atlas, as of 2015, the benefit for preexisting conditions matches whatever medical coverage maximum you choose: $200,000, $500,000 and $1,000,000, but still excludes chronic or congenital conditions such as diabetes or asthma.
This insurance plan for volunteers overseas can also insure you during adventure sports with a rider, just in case you think you might be bungee jumping or trekking during your trip, OR working in villages up to 7,000 meters (22,965 feet). Even scuba diving is covered while on your trip if you choose that option.
Atlas International (and Atlas America) is one of our favorite plans for non-U.S. volunteers traveling and volunteering throughout the world. Non-U.S. NGO and non-profit staff love this emergency medical plan when volunteering outside their country of residence!
Here are some of the other updates to this plan:
· For under age 70, coverage for sudden and unexpected onset of pre-existing condition to the policy limit selected (we already mentioned that) to match medical coverage maximum for $200,000, $500,000 and $1,000,000
· The Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit increased from $500,000 to $1,000,000
· They added a New Trip Delay benefit ($100 per day for up to 2 days when 12-hour delay results in unplanned overnight stay)
· Traveling with a pet? – Their new pet return benefit will cover up to $1,000 to return a pet home if you are hospitalized – It’s new but we don’t see much application for volunteers, but you never know. And it’s included just in case you may be traveling with your pet.)
The main thing we see is that pre-existing coverage is now up to the maximum medical coverage you select – And it’s not costing you any more for that benefit!
Something you should know about pre-existing medical conditions: The Atlas International short term medical insurance plan does have exclusions on all chronic and/or congenital conditions, such as diabetes and asthma. So please call us about your health and coverage, before purchasing any health plan (from anyone!). It won’t cost you anything (we even have Skype if you prefer at “Good Neighbor Insurance”) and you can know you’ve got the best, most affordable plan whatever your situation and destination. (Article continues after image)
You might also want to consider a stronger international insurance with even more pre-existing medical coverage:
1. Our GeoBlue Voyager Choice Plan is at https://www.socialgoodinsurance.com/geoblue-voyager-choice-short-term-travel-insurance/. Our GeoBlue Choice has even stronger pre-existing medical benefits. Call one of our agents for more information at 866-636-9100 or use our Arizona office number at 480-633-9500 if you have questions.
The GeoBlue Choice medical plan.
· Covers pre-existing health conditions.
· Must already be covered by U.S. domestic insurance or Medicare Part A (or an equivalent) to be accepted for this travel insurance plan.
· Any coverage for maintenance medical care and maintenance Rx is not covered.
· Policy holder cannot be disabled at the time of travel and cannot be on a waiting list for any treatment
· Policy holder cannot travel against the advice of a physician / medical facility.
· Coverage starts for both U.S. and non-U.S. citizens once starting their travels outside their host nation/ residence.
2. The affordable Patriot International plan is another favorite of our non-profit clients located here at https://www.socialgoodinsurance.com/patriot-short-term-travel-and-evacuation-plan/.
Here is more information on our Patriot International medical insurance travel plan.
· There are TWO options:
Coverage per day up to 24 months and longer for U.S. citizens/Non-U.S. traveling outside the USA called PATRIOT INTERNATIONAL;
FOR Non-U.S. citizens traveling to the USA or throughout the world (including the U.S. and Canada), but excluding their country of citizenship, called PATRIOT AMERICA.
Both automatically include:
1. Medical travel insurance
2. Medical Evacuation of $500,000 to nearest adequate facility for life threatening medical condition(s)
3. Return of mortal remains, political evacuation, emergency reunion, terrorism coverage, and many other benefits
· If overseas ten months or more you may purchase two months of home coverage in USA
· Coverage renewable for up to two years at a time and able to extend
· May purchase for as many times as long as you are/will be traveling/residing outside your home country
· Optional riders/add on you may request:
Optional Medical Evacuation Plus Rider: for non-life threatening medical evacuation and evacuation for natural disaster. Additional $40/month with a minimum 3 months purchase
Optional Adventure Sports Rider
Optional Enhanced AD & D, available for those traveling 3 months or more.
This is a great travel medical and evacuation plan for those traveling outside the U.S. and Canada for:
· Volunteer travel
· EcoBusiness travel or Social Good travel
· Individuals / Family
· Seniors up to 80 yrs.
· Groups / Teams / Church groups / Service groups / Arts groups
· You can even add optional trip cancellation insurance if flights/costs are non-refundable!
Terrorism is also a benefit under this plan.
Start traveling safer, traveling smarter with Good Neighbor Insurance and www.socialgoodinsurance.com. And please remember to tell your friends – Because we can probably save them money too. And friends help friends.